May 12, 2015

Where have all the characters gone?



This morning, I was working with a longtime associate who is an expert videographer, editor and producer. He mentioned that he recently worked with another editor whom I haven’t seen in twenty (ouch) years.

This long-lost (to me) editor was one of the true, funny characters I have ever met. He was creative and crazy. You never got one without the other. With every project, you knew you’d end up with a great video and end up on the floor laughing at least once in the process.

Unfortunately for me, he moved to greener pastures (swamps) in Florida. He was such a character. Where have they all gone?

The truth is, he still is a true character. I just haven’t seen him lately.

It’s true – I am older. I’m sure I’m guilty of reminiscing through a rose-colored lens. The truth is that the true characters are hiding and creating in plain sight. Don’t miss out on the true characters of today because you’re stuck looking in reverse. The rear view mirror won’t help you break new ground.

Keep moving forward. Work with characters that aren’t afraid to be themselves. They will bring your projects to life… in spite of all the danger. Your brands will not survive. They will thrive.

And you'll laugh more.

If you’d like to discuss true branding and creative character, drop me a note at jhenke@henkeinc.com.

Thanks.

No comments: