May 6, 2015

My dog is the greatest salesperson in the history of the world.

--> Perseverance doesn’t do him justice. Look up synonyms for the word relentless. You’ll see his picture, tail wagging in a blur. How many times have you heard that Steve Jobs said the difference between success and failure is simply perseverance?

My dog never, ever, ever quits.

If he thinks you have food, he is on you. If he hears anyone open a popcorn bag or the crackle of a belvita cracker wrapper, he pounces without hesitation. He doesn’t wait for permission or wonder if it’s okay to ask for the order.  James Altucher would love that he always chooses himself.

As Dan Waldo would say, he doesn’t stutter-step.

He doesn’t wonder if the timing is right. He goes. He is hungry. And he is on it. Hunger is often referred to in sales. My dog has it. Anthony Iannarino would love it.

Here’s the best part, the key to his unique selling proposition – he always adds value. He never fails to wag his tail. Even though I know he wants my food and not my affection, he makes me feel so good that I don’t care. That tail wag is enough to make me feel good.

We all do business with someone we like over someone we don’t like. This is even more powerful when the like becomes love.

His enthusiasm is contagious. He is genuinely glad to see me every time I walk through the door.

No wonder he always makes the sale.

Do you make anyone feel that way? If you’d like to discuss, please drop me a note at jhenke@henkeinc.com.

Thanks.

No comments: