May 11, 2015

My Mom Teaches Account Service



My mom is a born Account Executive. In the marketing industry, AE stands for Account Executive. Contrary to popular belief, Account Service is not an easy job. In the good old days, people thought of the job as having drinks, three martini lunches and playing golf. That stereotype has been out-of-date for at least then years.

My mom is a good AE. She nurtures, grows and doesn’t let you stagnate. She challenges you to grow, to exceed the easy, safe expectations that you set for yourself. Mom wouldn’t let me slack or settle or plateau. She always expected more and had a way of letting you know without being negative. Don’t get me wrong, there were a few times when I was too cocky and got pinned two out of three falls on the bathroom floor.

My account is not an easy one to service. It is an ongoing process – not a one-time project.

This is true about all good AEs. Don’t underestimate their value. Hug them. Mom would.

If you want to talk about A-1 AEs, drop me a line at jhenke@henkeinc.com.

Thanks.

No comments: