Apr 17, 2015

You call it marketing. I call it outreach.



“You call it marketing. I call it outreach” said Pastor Robert Pyles.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure to produce a video interview of Pastor Robert Pyles of Abundant Faith Church of Integrity in Milwaukee. When Robert says something, it is wise to listen.

In addition to being the Senior Pastor at his church, Robert owns 15 McDonald’s and a realty company in Milwaukee, employing over 700 people. He is a veteran of the US Air Force and of the world-famous McDonald’s Hamburger University.

He is the opposite of so many people often called vampires because they suck the energy and life right out of you. Instead, Robert can infuse you with energy just by being around him and listening to his approach to life.

Between takes of the video shooting, Robert asked me what I did for a living.  I told him marketing. He said, “You call it marketing. I call it outreach.” While I thought about that, he continued, “It’s all about reaching people. We have to figure out how to get to them… to get them to listen so that they will act.”

“I’m not in the restaurant business or the realty business. I’m in the people business.”

Robert is absolutely right. Reach out. Communicate with compelling contact.  That’s the only way to make a difference, whether it’s in sales or in people’s lives.

If you would like to discuss your marketing outreach, send me a note at jhenke@henkeinc.com.

Thanks.

No comments: